The first beta release of iOS 7 was the end of share widgets on iPhone and iPad. While some of you might think that it would return with iOS 7, the fact tells different. The iOS 7 comes without share widgets and it becomes a great loss for the users. Though share widgets are not a goal of Notification Center, still many users think that the widgets should be there. If you are one out of hundreds of users who think that Facebook and Twitter share widgets should be in Notification Center, we have some steps to bring them back.
Share Widget for iOS 7 is one that will make it real. This app is developed by Merlin Mao and it successfully grabs users’ attention as it is able to bring share widgets back to Notification Center. You will have share widgets for Facebook, Twitter, Sina, Tencent in your Today tab of Notification Center.
If you want to have share widgets in the Notification Center, you need to follow these steps.
1. To begin with, download the Share Widget for iOS 7 app from Cydia and install to your device. After installing this app, you need to set it up.
2. Go to Setting -> Notification Center. You will see that the Share Widget is set into off by the default setting. You need to turn it on. Thought it is not necessary, you may move the Share Widget below Next Destination. Through this way, your share widgets appear in the top of your Today tab in Notification Center.
3. To choose which services you want to use, you will need to go to Setting and then select Share Widget. You may choose which share widgets you want to add to your Notification Center. You can choose the widgets as you desire.
4. To use the widget, simply pull the Notification Center down and tap on one of the share widgets. The sheet of selected widget will appear soon.
5. If you use Lock screen, you need to read this. The tweak also works from the Lock screen. On your Lock screen, pull the Notification Center down and tap on the share widget you would like to use. This is so easy and practical that the users may access the widget in nicest way. So far, the tweak works well though it has some problem to concern including the inability to get compact layout.
When the device was rebooted to get the compact layout to work, the Notification Center was messed up. Though another reboot fixed the problem, it can be an unpleasant experience.
Another downside of this app is the widget icons which actually can be enhanced. Retina display may improve its appearance and make it look crispier. However, this app is pretty good to bring the share widgets back.
Moreover, you can get it for free from Big Boss repo. In conclusion, this app is worth trying. It gives easier access to share widgets and it seems like you need to try this.