If you’re thinking of creating an app, then I’d like to congratulate you first because creating an app takes a lot of skill, patience, perseverance and resources. The journey, as we know, has just begun.
Creating a professional app under a tight budget is not impossible. In fact it is very much achievable and can enable you create a strong user base and promote your brand. There are several ways to create an app with a budget of $300 and less, let us take a look at them.
You don’t have to be a programmer or a designer to be able to create a visually stunning and dynamic app. App builders can help you achieve your dream of building an app effortlessly. In a commonly WYSIWYG methodology, you will be able to design your app effectively. A few popular app builders include:
Seattle Cloud App Builder
More than 480,000+ native apps have been built using the Seattle Cloud App Builder. The key features of this app include:
- Doesn’t require coding: Build your app from scratch from the various templates available. You can drag and drop.
- Also includes the coding feature: If you got coding skills, you can choose to code your app with the Seattle cloud SDK.
- Price: Part with only $14.99 for the basic features of the app builder or upgrade to all features for $147 per month.
If you have a local business and want to expand your clientele, then use Come DIY to create an app. More than a million aps have been created using Como DIY. Key features of the app include:
- Loyalty cards: Entice your customers with loyalty points which can be convertible to prizes.
- E- Commerce store: Make app sales any time after publishing your app with the aid of the app store.
- Price: Pay only $57 per month or an annual fee.
GoodBarber focuses on an aesthetically pleasing app design. Some of its notable features are:
- Beautifully designed templates to choose from.
- Focus on app design and less on functionality
- Price: $40per month.
The App Machine utilizes HTML5 to build scalable mobile apps. You can choose from the two options provided i.e. a mobile site with plus membership and a native app with pro membership. Main features of this app include:
- Accurate analysis: You will be able to get accurate stats of your apps usage based on the location of each user.
- Previewer: Take a look at how your app will look on a mobile by previewing it when it is complete.
- Price: The plus version goes for $59 per month and the pro version, which includes advanced features, goes for $89 per month.
ShoutEm is an app creator which believes that apps should be easy to make, require zero coding and should be set up easily. Key features of ShoutEm include:
- Social media integration tools.
- Tools and analytics showing consumer behavior.
- Multilingual support.
- Price: The basic package goes for $23 per month, the advanced package for $59 per month, and the unlimited package for $140 per month.
Hire freelance designers and developers
You can easily create an app under a tight budget by hiring freelancers from freelancer sites such as Upwork and Freelancer.com. You must be thinking that hiring freelancers is costly. However, this is not always the case, some experienced developers and designers, who are new at freelancing and looking to build up their portfolio may be willing to take up your project. While working with freelancers, ensure that you make them sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), invoices and all paperwork so that your idea and working processes remain confidential and are executed as per expectations.
It is equally important to ensure that your communication with the developer and designer is efficient. After all, effective communication ensures great results. Have realistic expectations and make sure that your apps requirements are fulfilled.
Bargain for funding via exchange for ad space
Ok, this is how funding and exchange for ad space works. You give companies advertising space on your app, and they will pay for it in turn. This side income can then be re-invested into other aspects of the app such as marketing.
Finally, developing a mobile app on a shoe-string budget should not seem like a herculean task. It should be fun and engaging. Keep your app’s design and development requirements simple and minimal. You will be amazed at the difference between your first and final prototype.
Most importantly, as your journey progresses, you will learn about what appeals to users most, the market trends, what works and what doesn’t. At the end of the day you will still be able to create a functional and, useful app that appeals to a large number of people.
Usman Hassan is a digital marketing psychopath, who is passionate about Inbound marketing, SEO, CRO, Email marketing and E-commerce. He is a writer at Mobiwoz.com.