You don’t have to be a pro just to downgrade your iOS6.x on iPad
2 to 5.x version. There are simple ways to do so, as long as you have the required application and software. If you want to do this, be sure that you have saving SHSH blobs for the iOS
5 and 4 first.
Follow these instructions to downgrade iOS 6:
- Make a folder first. Name it with Pwnage
- Download the newest RedSn0w version – you can get it here – and then place it within the Pwnage folder.
- Download the 5.x and 4.x the software. Place them all within the Pwnage folder.
- After all have been collected, extract the zip file of RedSn0w
- Right click the RedSn0w app located within the folder. Choose option Open from the popup window.
- Once you have done that, you will be presented with the main menu. Choose Extras.
- From Extras, you need to choose Even More option.
- From that page, choose Restore.
- You need to choose IPSW and then you will be presented with popup windows of the lists of software kept in the Pwnage folder. Choose the one that you want to restore to, and then click Open.
- When asked, you need to connect the iPad 2 to your PC (it will be done in normal mode) and then choose OK.
- There should be a notification that 4.x version IPSW will be needed if you want to continue. Choose OK.
- Once you click OK, another popup window listing all the software kept in Pwnage folder will be shown to you. Choose the 4.x software and then choose Open.
- Now your device should be in recovery mode. Just wait for another instruction and don’t do anything that may hamper the process.
- The RedSn0w will be checking Cydia whether you have the right blobs saved or not.
- If it is able to find the intended software, it will go on to the next process. If not, you can choose the Remote option to try again. Another option is to choose the Local options to find the blobs within your computer.
- Restore image for 4.x version will be prepared by RedSn0w.
- There is another popup window stating that you should put your iPad 2 into DFU mode. In case you don’t know how, here’re the steps to do so:
- Hold the Home and Power button for about 10 seconds. keep in mind that you should hold them together.
- After 10 seconds, you can release the Power button but keep holding on to the Home button. Do this for the next 10 seconds again.
- After that, your iPad 2 screen should go blank.
- You can now choose the OK button to move on.
- The RedSn0w will restore to the 4.x version
- Once the process is done, RedSn0w will make your iPad go to recovery mode. It will be preparing the restore image of iOS 5.x version.
- The 5.x version will be restored now.
- There will be a notification stating that the restoration process has completed.
That’s it. You have managed to downgrade iOS on your iPad 2! Leave your comments below. 🙂