When you have an Apple device with iOS 7.1 on it, you may want to learn a few tricks to hide apps & folders from the home screen. What’s the deal about hiding the apps, anyway? Well, when you are using iOS 7.1, some of the stock apps can’t be removed. You either have the option to use jailbroken tool to uninstall them or you can hide these apps inside a special folder instead. Of course removing the apps allow more room for other apps that you want, but it requires jailbreaking, and not everyone is pleased with the option.
Hiding the apps can be achieved especially if the apps don’t have any pin protection or they have sensitive and important data. Don’t worry, you can always make use a special bug within iOS 7 that you can use to hide the apps if jailbreaking isn’t your favourite option. You can use the nested folder, which means that you will be using a folder that is stored within another folder.
Here are the steps of how you can create the nested folder and hide the apps in the end:
1. Put all the apps that you want to hide within one folder. In this case, I called it as folder Brain Games where there are 2 apps that I would like to hide.
2. Now, here comes the tricky part. Let’s named the nested folder as folder News. Make sure that before the zoom up happens while you tap and drag one app to another app, quickly drag folder Brain Games into folder News.
4. Now, you need to learn how to hide the apps. Let’s remove first the 2 apps from folder News.
5. As you can see, now we have an empty folder News. Let’s move folder News to a full home screen.
6. Drag out folder Brain Grames from folder News and move it quickly to the dock. Once you have done this, both folder Brain Games and News will instantly disappear.
That’s it! You have successfully hidden all your apps & folders without jailbreaking!
All the apps that we have put in folder Brain Games are now being hidden. Only you who know their existence, unless you tell it to other people. In case you need to access them again, you can make use of the Search feature.
So that’s it! But, what if you need to bring the apps back to the home screen again?
It’s quite simple, all you need to do is to restart your device and you will be able to see them again in your home screen. And in case you need to hide them again, you can always repeat the steps above. It is that simple and easy, and you don’t need to deal with the jailbreaking risks.
Check out the tutorial video below made by iDeviceHelpus. Make sure you let us know how it goes in the comments below, in case you have tried it out. 🙂