If you want to manage your server remotely through your mobile device without fuss, you certainly need to install Mobile Terminal
in your gadget. Such app can also be used to access your file system through the convenient command line console, so you can always make utilities like OpenSSH
run without having to purchase another separated standalone clients. This app has been used by users who wish to have more flexible ways in controlling and monitoring their servers.
Mobile Terminal will certainly be a handy addition to your device; however, it can only be used on jailbroken devices, namely jailbroken iOS 4 or 5. It has been around for quite a long time and you can use it easily. Keep in mind that when you are using this app, you don’t have to decompress any files or archives manually to your iPhone. You can install this app directly on your device without even having to connect it to any computer or PC. It is that simple and easy.
Be sure that your iPhone has been jailbroken first, and then follow these steps:
- iOS 4 or 5 in your iPhone should have been jailbroken, so there will be Cydia available there. If you don’t know how to jailbreak iPhone with Redsn0w, click here.
- Go into Cydia and choose Sections. Then choose System and iFile. If you want to get shorter way, go to Search option and type in iFile. This action will bring you to the required page immediately and certainly faster.
- You should be able to see Install button, located on the upper right side corner. After you do this, choose Confirm option. iFile will be installed into your device in no time.
- Close the Cydia and then headed your way to Safari.
- Type this link on the URL address slot: http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal
- Once the page is opened, you should be able to see lists of actions and file names on the left side.
- Go to Feature and choose Downloads option. Click on this name: MobileTerminal_520-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
- You will see a green box with the file name on it. Tap it off to download it. Then, choose the option of Open in iFile.
- This file will be downloaded right away to iFile. After it is done, you should tap on the Installer option.
- iFile will immediately install the Mobile Terminal. After it is done, you should see the button Done on the upper right side corner of the page. Press it.
- When the process is done, you can remove the install file completely. Swipe your finger over the name to the right and then choose Delete option.
- Press the Home button so you can exit iFile.
- Reboot your iPhone.
- Once the reboot process completes, you should now be able to see the icon of Mobile Terminal on the main menu (home screen). Feel free to access the command line prompt.