Here is a good news for those having iPad
, iPad Mini, iPod Touch or iPhone with iOS 7
. After waiting for a while, there is finally a jailbreak
that can be used for that version of iOS. This new jailbreak has been developed by evad3rs
for iOS 7.0 through 7.0.6. Keep in mind, though, that it is not compatible for iOS 7.1 or iOS 6.0 and lower.
As usual, evad3rs is making sure that the steps are fairly easy and simple. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to jailbreak your device. But again, this method has its own restriction and be sure you pay detailed attention for it. Never try it for any Apple TV or Apple devices with lower iOS version. Just in case, always make a backup in iTunes or iCloud. You want to make sure that it is totally safe rather than being sorry because of it.
Here are the steps to do your own jailbreak iOS 7:
1. Download the evasi0n7. Be sure that it is for Mac, as there is also evasi0n7 for Windows. If you see several different options, make sure that you choose the most current version.
2. Once you have downloaded it and keep it into a folder, double-click it to make it run.
3. In case your device has a certain passcode, unlock it first. Choose Settings, and then General, and choose Passcode Lock, and then choose the option to turn it off in Turn Passcode Off.
4. Connect your computer to your device and wait for a several seconds for evasi0n to know it.
5. Once evasi0n recognises it, there will be a message displayed stating that your device is able to be detected. If you can see the message, it means that you can click on the Jailbreak button.
6. Be sure that you see the displayed message about untethered jailbreak for the iOS 7.x and it’s supported. Let it do its work and you just have to wait and see for the next requirements.
7. Once the process is done, there will be an evasi0n7 icon on the Home Screen of your device. You will have to tap on it.
Once you tap it, the process will run automatically. Basically, it takes around 5 minutes to complete and you should see that the device will reboot several times. In case it is stuck and you encounter issues during the process, it is okay to restart the whole process. Reboot the device, if necessary. To do so, simply hold down the Home and Power buttons altogether and re-do the process.